Every season at You Name It Events, we are excited to work with some of the best & brightest students or recent graduates who take part in our apprenticeship program. We also enjoy helping those looking for a potential career change to explore the event planning field. Our apprentices get hands on experience in a fast-paced and exciting field, while learning about YNI’s superior client service. The number of positions we open up is based on our event schedule as well as the quality of the candidates.
Our ideal candidates:
- Are personable, responsible, self-motivated and detail & deadline-oriented
- Are passionate about learning about the wedding and events industry
- Are able to write capably with a creative and engaging style
- Are competent with social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.)
- Have basic photography skills
Our apprenticeship position responsibilities include:
- A variety of organizational/administrative projects related to planning client events and managing a bustling small business
- Shadowing our planners at meetings with clients, vendors and venues
- Wedding & event prep both onsite at events and at our office
- Day of wedding/event assistance and event management support
- Writing and submitting approximately one blog post per week: either sharing about the apprenticeship projects and your experience or exploring event-related topics of interest to our readers
Anticipated start date is early May 2017, but flexible based on candidate availability. Related experience may be considered but is NOT at all required. We’re looking for people with great attitudes and work ethic above those with experience. This position can be completed for university credit and can lead to additional opportunities with YNI. Interested candidates should submit a relevant cover letter, recent/updated résumé and our completed application by March 1. Send all items to contact (at) younameitchicago.com with the subject line “Summer 2017 Apprenticeship.” Applications can be downloaded in pdf format 2017 Apprenticeship Application here.
Please feel free to share this information with anyone you think would be a great fit for this experience!
Photos by This is Feeling Photography.